[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Pikachu Dreams My new pokemon Fan art (please give a note) - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 pm 
Youngster

Hello, everyone is a pleasure to participate in the forum, I have made some new friends here and participated more in the fanart session. I would like to export my speed art drawings of pokemon, this time I improved the strokes and I tried a lot more to improve. I hope you like it. I do not intend not to divulge on youtube, I just want to expose my fanart. I'm not a professional, just a pokemon fan.

https://youtu.be/_NN0zn0z_CM

https://youtu.be/9F1lB9nYJoc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:10 am 
Ranger

I really like your drawings: I wish I can draw like that one day.... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 pm 
Poké Fan

Once again, you're pretty good! No matter what I say below, keep at it!

Your Articuno is nice, but is a bit chicken-y. Articuno's beak and legs aren't yellow (more on this later), and its legs look a bit silly. It almost looks like the feet are webbed, instead of the feet being talons. In the future, you may want to spread its "toes" a little bit. The coloring is a bit off, but it is much better than Pikachu you drew last time. You're moving in the right direction! As for the choice of colors and background, you may want to pick a different background. If Articuno is going to be clearly in the foreground, the background shouldn't blend in with Articuno. The blue sky, white clouds, and snow capped mountains aren't necessarily good choices for a background for the blue-white bird. Even though the yellow legs and beak aren't technically correct, it does stand out well, and was a good artistic choice. In the future, maybe consider a more stormy background. Clouds that are about to snow are a shade a grey that would probably contrast well with Articuno.

Pikachu Beach in general is very good. Pikachu is very nice. Jigglypuff is very nice... although there's something off about the eyes... I'm not quite sure what they're looking at. The main issue with this one is the background. What is behind pikachu's tail? Is that a giant wave? A cloud? An island with a lot of trees? If it is a cloud, then there should be a small gap between the cloud and the water. Clouds only look like they touch the water at a beach when the clouds are really far away, and if this cloud is very far away, then it is wayyyyyyy too big. If it is a wave, then there's this odd line that separates the bottom of the wave, and the rest of the ocean. And if it is a wave, then it is way too big, or those pokemon have a really nasty surprise coming in from whoever just used surf. The sun is also distracting-ly big. And why is Mew there? It seems like the pikachu and jigglypuff are hanging out with each other, but Mew seems to be randomly looking at the other two. The picture would look better if it was just the pikachu and jigglypuff. I'm also a little disappointed that the starfish isn't a staryu. But all in all, this is still a good picture. All three pokemon look good, the sand and the water look good, and the coloring is good.

All in all, you've improved a lot since your last fan art. You're definitely improving, keep at it, and you'll be a great artist!

tl;dr Great improvements! Focus on backgrounds next!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 am 
Delinquent

I really like it! I prefer the second one over the first honestly but I think they're both really good!

I concur with Trainer Yellow's opinions that the Articuno seems a bit off such as being kind of chickeny. The wingspan seems a bit awkward and uneven and the overall body might be a bit too thick around the stomach given the more agile form of Articuno. Overall though, its a really nice drawing and a unique coloring method from the usual I've seen.

Are you using Pastels or Chalk?

The Pikachu Beach is pretty cool! I have one question? Why isn't Mew sleeping!?! Overall, some of the dimensions might be off like Trainer Yellow said but since its not really trying to impersonate real life, I think its a very good piece on its own. You do how you feel like it should look! Given its more cartoonish feel, it doesn't have to reflect anything real at all.

Really good job! Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 pm 
Poké Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:22 am 
Delinquent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:18 pm 
Youngster

Please be careful with this thread. I feel that the mini series has potential for discussion but please try to avoid political discussion so the thread doesnt get moved.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable