The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm 
Poké Fan

For the last month or so I've been pondering about playing through Pokemon Sun again, but of course to do that I'd require getting rid of my current save which has all of the Pokemon I've worked so hard to breed, train etc. Sure there's Pokemon Bank but I'm not paying around £5/$6.50 or buying Moon just so I can restart the game without losing those Pokemon.

In 2017, it can't be that hard to allow for multiple save games can it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 pm 
Ranger

AzHasANewName wrote:
For the last month or so I've been pondering about playing through Pokemon Sun again, but of course to do that I'd require getting rid of my current save which has all of the Pokemon I've worked so hard to breed, train etc. Sure there's Pokemon Bank but I'm not paying around £5/$6.50 or buying Moon just so I can restart the game without losing those Pokemon.

In 2017, it can't be that hard to allow for multiple save games can it?

That remember's me Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and the remake Heartgold/Soulsiver at the time of the gen 4.... Ahhh good times...
3 slots to save each... 3 games, so we can play with the 3 starters.

I understand your feeling, but today, pokemon games are a littlre more centrate on sociability than before (by that I mean all the onlines options you know have), and I really don't know how to explain it. But using a single character, like if you play an special MMORPG, or all these online games where you create your unique avatar and discover the "world" (remember the customisations options since X/Y?).

I'm not very sure I have explain correctly my point of vue.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:55 am 
Poké Fan

misterskin wrote:

That remember's me Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and the remake Heartgold/Soulsiver at the time of the gen 4.... Ahhh good times...
3 slots to save each... 3 games, so we can play with the 3 starters.

I understand your feeling, but today, pokemon games are a littlre more centrate on sociability than before (by that I mean all the onlines options you know have), and I really don't know how to explain it. But using a single character, like if you play an special MMORPG, or all these online games where you create your unique avatar and discover the "world" (remember the customisations options since X/Y?).

I'm not very sure I have explain correctly my point of vue.

Many online RPGs allow you to have multiple characters without deleting the previous character. Also, if I recall, Pokemon games have never had multiple save files. At least not the main series games.

I understand about the issues concerning starters and their value when trading but as it stands, the online trading features already ensure that its not too difficult to get them.