~~ Elective independent choices
~~Choice #0 (MOAR STATS)
During the scene where you have to pick a roommate, you can talk to the others (In this case Calem, Cheren, and Tierno) and grab some extra stat points without having to room with them.
Here’s how it goes.
For Calem, talk to him until you get this:
- Room with Calem! => +1 Expression
- Never Mind. => Pick another roommate.
After this, just choose “Not Yet.” and you can go and talk to someone else.
For Cheren, talk to him until you get this:
- I challenge you to a Pokémon battle! => -1 Appeal
- Two heads are better than one. => +1 Appeal
- Never mind. => Pick another roommate.
After this, just choose “Actually, hold on…” and go talk to the last one.
For Tierno, talk to him until you get this:
- Try rooming with Tierno anyway.
- Try rooming with Trevor instead. => +1 Appeal
- Try someone else. => Pick another roommate.
When you’re done, choose “Hold on a sec.” and finally talk to Brendan which is the one you want to room with. Choice #1 (Couple Drama)
- Interrupt the conversation. => Brendan is now your roommate!
- Go reserve a room. => Brendan is now your roommate! +1 Perception
- Ditch 'em. => Pick another roommate. (You still can choose Brendan as your roommate if you don't like the others, but you won't be able to get the +1 in Perception)Choice #2 (The Misty Ambush)
- That was my bad. => +1
- You're to blame, too! => -1
+ Get slapped in the faceChoice #3 (Whos dat gal ?)
- I guess there’s really no choice.
- There’s no way I’m going in there!
- Jump off the window. [1 Perception required] To my knowledge, this choice has no influence later on. It just changes some dialogues. Maybe it will in future demos, regarding your relation with Leaf.
You encounter Misty again on the way to your room. Next choice is only available if you apologized to her when you bumped into her earlier.Choice #4 (Choose Wisely)
- Do you live here ?
- How was your day ?
- You look like you need some rest. => +1 Appeal
- Is this a Cerulean outfit ? => +1
with MistyReceived Brendan's contact info!Choice #5 (Oh shit, my bag is moving)
- Let security handle it. => +1 Perception
- Go after it. => +1 DedicationYou've selected Elective 1 and Elective 2 as your type electives!Contacts updated!Choice #6 (They don’t work Whitney!)
- Rough morning, huh ?
- Want some coffee ?
- Say nothing. => +1 PerceptionChoice #7 (Fea.. what? Don't know that word)
- Losing my friends. => +1
- Failing to achieve my dreams. => +1
- Growing old. => +1
- Spinaraks freak the hell out of me. => +1
- Nothing gets to me! NOTHING! => +1 ExpressionChoice #8 (Clubs, huh ? Right...)
- The coordinator club. => +1
- The cheer team. => +1
- The photography club. => +1
- The dance club. => +1
- The outdoors club. => +1
- The Battle Team.Choice #9 (Remember what Brendan said yesterday :p)
- Water Frog => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Land Fish => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Mud Fish => +1 Trainer’s Insight
- Mud Skipper => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- You don’t answer within 30 secs => -1 Trainer’s InsightI will use the notation “Insight” short for “Trainer’s Insight” starting now because I’m lazy :p
~~ You revise for your classes => +1 Insight
~~Choice #10 (Janine VS RandomDude)
- Claydol has a clear advantage!
- The matchup is still even. => +1 Insight
- Claydol is gonna get its ass kicked. => +2 InsightEven though Oak says "Remember, this is graded and getting a question wrong is twice the penalty of a wrong answer. Don't try to recklessly guess!", you don't lose 2 points for a wrong answer!Choice #11 (Oak’s Quiz)
Question #1: How many base stat categories do Pokémon have ?
- 5 => -1 Insight
- 6 => +1 Insight
- 7 => -1 Insight
- 8 => -1 Insight
- You don’t know => -1 Insight
Question #2: What does the abbreviation “TM” stand for ?
- Technical Move => -1 Insight
- Teaching Machine => -1 Insight
- Teachable Move => -1 Insight
- Technical Machine => +1 Insight
- You don’t know => -1 InsightChoice #12 (Leaf is in the air*)
- Invite Leaf. => +1
=> Received Leaf's contact info!
- On second thought…*I’m sorry, this is trash...Choice #13 (How’s school goin’?)
- It’s all right.
- I can’t take it anymore! => You and the other two idiots high five each over. +1
- Dodge the question. => +1
- This school is too easy for a genius like me! [Giving all the right answers at the previous tests is required]
=> +1 AppealChoice #14 (Thug Life Erika)
- Nudge her and wake her up. => -1 Perception
- Leave her alone. => +1 Perception
Battle with Blue
aka [insert insulting nickname]:
Victory => +1 Insight
Defeat => -1 Insight
If you win your battle, Janine offers you to enter the Battle Team.Choice #15 (Battle Team Invite)
- Absolutely. => +1
- I’d rather not. [This one does NOT show up if you said you wanted to enter the Battle Team at Choice #8]
- I really need a day to think about it.
~~ Elective Type dependant choices
Well, for this section, there's not much to say really.
The 2 only choices you will have to make are the answers to the tests of each respective Elective Classes.
The first Elective Class test will happen between Choice #12 and Choice #13.
The second Elective Class test will happen between Choice #14 and Choice #15.
For both of these, you'll be asked one simple question:What type(s) are [Elective Type] attacks super effective against?
Of course, I will not make you the insult to give the answers to that. You should know them.
Each right answer will give you +1 Insight
Each wrong answer will give you -1 Insight
Note that if one of your Elective Type is Fire
, during the "Type tied to your personality" thing, you'll get an extra +1 ExpressionNote as well that I didn't try every possible combination of Electives, because well, there's 306 combinations possible.
However, I tried the 20 combinations associated with all the first years we can meet (eg. Leaf with Electric/Grass), tried them again with maximum stats, and I didn't notice anything special.