[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Choices Guide (Demo 1.0.3) - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 pm 
Rising Star

Hello everyone, back again with the final part of the guide!

Honestly, I thought it would take much longer to write Tierno's Path, but it was actually pretty much the same as Brendan's.

So here it is guys! The guide is finally completed for this demo.
I did put a lot of time and effort in it, so I hope you will like it!

As I said before, feel free to tell me if you see any mistakes (or even worse, missing things) so that I can correct it.

See you around guys! Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: This guide contains many spoilers and it is recommended for you to play through the game at least once. You've been warned!

Intro

Choice #1 (Mom, please let me sleep)

- You’re kicking me out of the house. => Mom gives your cheek a little pinch.
- Is it another skitty video ?
- I’m going back to sleep. => Mom gives your cheek a little pinch.

Honestly, I don’t really if this red text has any kind of influence for later in the game, but you don’t gain/lose stats, so I guess it doesn’t.

Choice #2 (Who’s it gonna be ?)

Okay. Time to pick your roommate. From Left to Right:
-
-
- Brendan
-

Click on the names to go directly to the part you're interested in. Scroll down to see Brendan's Path.

Last edited by Kao_ on Wed May 17, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:50 pm 
Rising Star

Brendan's Path

~~ Elective independent choices ~~

Choice #0 (MOAR STATS)

During the scene where you have to pick a roommate, you can talk to the others (In this case Calem, Cheren, and Tierno) and grab some extra stat points without having to room with them.
Here’s how it goes.

For Calem, talk to him until you get this:
- Room with Calem! => +1 Expression
- Never Mind. => Pick another roommate.

After this, just choose “Not Yet.” and you can go and talk to someone else.

For Cheren, talk to him until you get this:
- I challenge you to a Pokémon battle! => -1 Appeal
- Two heads are better than one. => +1 Appeal
- Never mind. => Pick another roommate.

After this, just choose “Actually, hold on…” and go talk to the last one.

For Tierno, talk to him until you get this:
- Try rooming with Tierno anyway.
- Try rooming with Trevor instead. => +1 Appeal
- Try someone else. => Pick another roommate.

When you’re done, choose “Hold on a sec.” and finally talk to Brendan which is the one you want to room with. :)

Choice #1 (Couple Drama)

- Interrupt the conversation. => Brendan is now your roommate!
- Go reserve a room. => Brendan is now your roommate! +1 Perception
- Ditch 'em. => Pick another roommate. (You still can choose Brendan as your roommate if you don't like the others, but you won't be able to get the +1 in Perception)

Choice #2 (The Misty Ambush)

- That was my bad. => +1 with Misty
- You're to blame, too! => -1 with Misty + Get slapped in the face

Choice #3 (Whos dat gal ?)

- I guess there’s really no choice.
- There’s no way I’m going in there!
- Jump off the window. [1 Perception required]

To my knowledge, this choice has no influence later on. It just changes some dialogues. Maybe it will in future demos, regarding your relation with Leaf.

You encounter Misty again on the way to your room. Next choice is only available if you apologized to her when you bumped into her earlier.

Choice #4 (Choose Wisely)

- Do you live here ?
- How was your day ?
- You look like you need some rest. => +1 Appeal
- Is this a Cerulean outfit ? => +1 with Misty

Received Brendan's contact info!

Choice #5 (Oh shit, my bag is moving)

- Let security handle it. => +1 Perception
- Go after it. => +1 Dedication

You've selected Elective 1 and Elective 2 as your type electives!

Contacts updated!

Choice #6 (They don’t work Whitney!)

- Rough morning, huh ?
- Want some coffee ?
- Say nothing. => +1 Perception

Choice #7 (Fea.. what? Don't know that word)

- Losing my friends. => +1 with May & Leaf
- Failing to achieve my dreams. => +1 with Trevor
- Growing old. => +1 with Tierno & Brendan
- Spinaraks freak the hell out of me. => +1 with Shauna
- Nothing gets to me! NOTHING! => +1 Expression

Choice #8 (Clubs, huh ? Right...)

- The coordinator club. => +1 with May & Brendan
- The cheer team. => +1 with Shauna
- The photography club. => +1 with Trevor
- The dance club. => +1 with Tierno
- The outdoors club. => +1 with Leaf
- The Battle Team.

Choice #9 (Remember what Brendan said yesterday :p)

- Water Frog => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Land Fish => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Mud Fish => +1 Trainer’s Insight
- Mud Skipper => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- You don’t answer within 30 secs => -1 Trainer’s Insight

I will use the notation “Insight” short for “Trainer’s Insight” starting now because I’m lazy :p

~~ You revise for your classes => +1 Insight ~~

Choice #10 (Janine VS RandomDude)

- Claydol has a clear advantage!
- The matchup is still even. => +1 Insight
- Claydol is gonna get its ass kicked. => +2 Insight

Even though Oak says "Remember, this is graded and getting a question wrong is twice the penalty of a wrong answer. Don't try to recklessly guess!", you don't lose 2 points for a wrong answer!

Choice #11 (Oak’s Quiz)
Question #1: How many base stat categories do Pokémon have ?

- 5 => -1 Insight
- 6 => +1 Insight
- 7 => -1 Insight
- 8 => -1 Insight
- You don’t know => -1 Insight

Question #2: What does the abbreviation “TM” stand for ?

- Technical Move => -1 Insight
- Teaching Machine => -1 Insight
- Teachable Move => -1 Insight
- Technical Machine => +1 Insight

Choice #12 (Leaf is in the air*)

- Invite Leaf. => +1 with Leaf => Received Leaf's contact info!
- On second thought…

*I’m sorry, this is trash...

Choice #13 (How’s school goin’?)

- It’s all right.
- I can’t take it anymore! => You and the other two idiots high five each over. +1 with Tierno & Brendan
- Dodge the question. => +1 with Leaf
- This school is too easy for a genius like me! [Giving all the right answers at the previous tests is required] => +1 Appeal

Choice #14 (Thug Life Erika)

- Nudge her and wake her up. => -1 Perception
- Leave her alone. => +1 Perception

Battle with Blue aka [insert insulting nickname]:

Victory => +1 Insight
Defeat => -1 Insight

If you win your battle, Janine offers you to enter the Battle Team.

Choice #15 (Battle Team Invite)

- Absolutely. => +1 with Janine
- I’d rather not. [This one does NOT show up if you said you wanted to enter the Battle Team at Choice #8]
- I really need a day to think about it.

~~ Elective Type dependant choices ~~

Well, for this section, there's not much to say really.
The 2 only choices you will have to make are the answers to the tests of each respective Elective Classes.
The first Elective Class test will happen between Choice #12 and Choice #13.
The second Elective Class test will happen between Choice #14 and Choice #15.

For both of these, you'll be asked one simple question:
What type(s) are [Elective Type] attacks super effective against?

Of course, I will not make you the insult to give the answers to that. You should know them.
Each right answer will give you +1 Insight
Each wrong answer will give you -1 Insight

Note that if one of your Elective Type is Fire, during the "Type tied to your personality" thing, you'll get an extra +1 Expression

Note as well that I didn't try every possible combination of Electives, because well, there's 306 combinations possible.
However, I tried the 20 combinations associated with all the first years we can meet (eg. Leaf with Electric/Grass), tried them again with maximum stats, and I didn't notice anything special.

Last edited by Kao_ on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:50 pm 
Rising Star

Cheren's Path

Choice #0 (MOAR STATS)

During the scene where you have to pick a roommate, you can talk to the others (In this case Calem and Tierno) and grab some extra stat points without having to room with them.
Here’s how it goes.

After this, just choose “Not Yet.” and you can go and talk to someone else.

When you’re done, choose “Hold on a sec.” and go talk to Cheren which is the one you want to room with. :)

Unfortunately, we can't get the Perception point from the discussion with Brendan. Such a tragedy... but life goes on, I guess.

Choice #1 ()

- Never mind. => Pick another roommate. (You still can choose Cheren as your roommate if you don't like the others. If so you'll be faced with this same choice.)

Then,

- Great, let's reserve first. => Cheren is now your roommate!
- Actually, hold on... => Pick another roommate.

Choice #2 (What are you doin' in this school?)

- Learn as much as possible about Pokémon.
- Socialize and make a bunch of friends.
- Go with the flow, I guess. => -1 Appeal

Choice #3 (Whos dat gal ?)

- Jump off the window. [1 Expression required]

To my knowledge, this choice has no influence later on. It just changes some dialogues. Maybe it will in future demos, regarding your relation with Leaf.

Received Cheren's, Calem's and Serena's contact info!

Choice #4 (Don't touch my bag... IDIOT!)

Choice #5 (They don’t work Whitney!)

- Rough morning, huh ?
- Want some coffee ?

Choice #6 (Student Council.. Yeah.. I mean.. why not?.. I don't know..)

- Yeah, I'm interested. => +1 Appeal
- Sorry, I don't think I can.
- I'll get back to you on that.

You stumble now on the Student Council members Roxanne and Brawly. Next choice is only available if you said you were interested in the Student Council.

Choice #7 (First Misty, now Roxanne... Come on Red!)

- Ask about the Student Council.
- Ask to join the Student Council. [3 Appeal required] => +1 with Roxanne
- Report to Cheren first.
- Don't say anything. => -1 Perception

Making an assumption here, but, if you choose to 'report to Cheren first' it might have some kind of influence on the story since you would eventually need to get a meeting with Roxanne.

Choice #8 (Indoors? Outdoors? I like doors.)

- Eating indoors is the way to go. => +1 with Calem & Hilbert
- A picnic sounds great. => +1 with Serena & Hilda
- It really doesn't matter where you eat. => +1 with Cheren & Bianca

Choice #9 (Clubs, huh ? Right...)

- The art club. => +1 with Calem
- The gardening club. => +1 with Bianca
- The theatre club. => +1 with Serena
- The tennis team. => +1 with Hilda
- The Battle Team. => +1 with Hilbert

Choice #10 (Hope you didn't skip text :p)

- Little Bird => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Wild Bird => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Pigeon => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Tiny Pigeon => +1 Trainer’s Insight

I will use the notation “Insight” short for “Trainer’s Insight” starting now because I’m lazy :p

Choice #11 (Janine VS RandomDude)

Even though Oak says "Remember, this is graded and getting a question wrong is twice the penalty of a wrong answer. Don't try to recklessly guess!", you don't lose 2 points for a wrong answer!

Choice #12 (Oak’s Quiz)

- 5 => -1 Insight
- 6 => +1 Insight
- 7 => -1 Insight
- 8 => -1 Insight

Choice #13 (Leaf is in the air*)

- On second thought…

Choice #14 (Yeah, no big deal really)

- I'm handling it just fine. => +1 with Cheren & Hilda
- My brain's going to leak out of my ears! => +1 with Bianca
- Ask Serena. [+2 with Serena is required] => +1 with Serena
- It's too easy; the classes feel like a joke. [Giving all the right answers at the previous tests is required] => +1 Appeal

Choice #15 (Who wears sunglasses while sleeping?)

Victory => +1 Insight
Defeat => -1 Insight

If you win your battle, Janine proposes you to enter the Battle Team.

Choice #16 (Battle Team Invite)

- I’d rather not. [This one does NOT show up if you said you wanted to enter the Battle Team at Choice #9]

Note that I had to change the color of Hilbert's name because the color used in the game is invisible on this background. Hope I won't have to change it for future demos :D

The 2 only choices you will have to make are the answers to the tests of each respective Elective Classes.
The first Elective Class test will happen between Choice #13 and Choice #14.
The second Elective Class test will happen between Choice #15 and Choice #16.

Of course, I will not make you the insult to give the answers to that. You should know them.

Note that I didn't try every possible combination of Electives, because well, there's 306 combinations possible.
However, I tried the 20 combinations associated with all the first years we can meet (eg. Leaf with Electric/Grass), tried them again with maximum stats, and I didn't notice anything special..

Last edited by Kao_ on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm 
Rising Star

Calem's Path

Choice #0 (MOAR STATS)

During the scene where you have to pick a roommate, you can talk to the others (In this case Cheren and Tierno) and grab some extra stat points without having to room with them.
Here’s how it goes.

After this, just choose “Actually, hold on…” and go talk to the last one.

When you’re done, choose “Hold on a sec.” and go talk to Calem which is the one you want to room with. :)

Again, we can't get the Perception point from Brendan. Really sad :(

Choice #1 (Sooo... rooming with me or what?)

Then,

- I'm ready to go right now. => Calem is now your roommate!
- Not yet. => Pick another roommate.

Choice #2 (Oh shit, there's a girl.. think of a joke, quick!)

- Hi, I'm Calem's homeroom teacher!
- With those glasses, I bet people mistake you for a Hoothoot. => +1 Appeal
- Don't say anything.

Received Calem's contact info!

Choice #3 (Damn! This girl again??)

Choice #4 (I mean.. I'm standing right there!)

- Sure, I can do that. => +1 with Serena
- Nope, sorry. => -1 Appeal & -1 with Serena
- Wait, count me in! => +1 Appeal & +1 with Serena => Received Cheren's and Serena's contact info!

Choice #5 (My bag is Flying/Electric type)

You've selected Elective 1 and Elective 2 as your type electives!

Choice #6 (Chill out already!)

- I feel like an Electrode! => +1 with Shauna & +1 Expression
- I've got Butterfrees in my stomach.

Contacts updated!

Choice #7 (They don't work Whitney!)

- Rough morning, huh ?
- Want some coffee ?

Choice #8 (So about that Council thing Red?)

So there's kind of a twist here, the choices are different depending on your Choice #4. If you said: "Wait, count me in!"

- You got it.
- About that...

Otherwise,

- Sorry, it's not for me.
- I've changed my mind.

You stumble now on the Student Council members Roxanne and Brawly. Next choice is only available if you said: "I've changed my mind."/"You got it."

Choice #9 (First Misty, now Roxanne... Come on Red!)

- Ask about the Student Council.
- Ask to join the Student Council. [3 Appeal required] => +1 with Roxanne
- Report to Cheren first.
- Don't say anything. => -1 Perception

Choice #10 (Indoors? Outdoors? I like doors.)

- Eating indoors is the way to go. => +1 with Calem & Hilbert
- A picnic sounds great. => +1 with Serena & Hilda
- It really doesn't matter where you eat. => +1 with Cheren & Bianca

Choice #11 (Clubs, huh ? Right...)

- The art club. => +1 with Calem
- The gardening club. => +1 with Bianca
- The theatre club. => +1 with Serena
- The tennis team. => +1 with Hilda
- The Battle Team. => +1 with Hilbert

Choice #12 (The dialogs are really cool, you know)

- Spiky Acorn => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Thorny Acorn => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Spiny Nut => +1 Trainer’s Insight
- Spiny Armor => -1 Trainer’s Insight

Choice #13 (Janine VS Shitty Trainer)

Choice #14 (Oak’s Quiz)

- 5 => -1 Insight
- 6 => +1 Insight
- 7 => -1 Insight
- 8 => -1 Insight

Choice #15 (Leaf is in the air*)

- On second thought…

Choice #16 (Yeah, no big deal really)

- I'm handling it just fine. => +1 with Cheren & Hilda
- My brain's going to leak out of my ears! => +1 with Bianca
- Ask Serena. [+2 with Serena required] => +1 with Serena
- It's too easy; the classes feel like a joke. [Giving all the right answers at the previous tests is required] => +1 Appeal

Choice #17 (Is she a Dark Type?)

Victory => +1 Insight
Defeat => -1 Insight

Choice #18 (Battle Team Invite)

- I’d rather not. [This one does NOT show up if you said you wanted to enter the Battle Team at Choice #11]

Note that I had to change the color of Hilbert's name because the color used in the game is invisible on this background. Hope I won't have to change it for future demos :D

The first Elective Class test will happen between Choice #15 and Choice #16.
The second Elective Class test will happen between Choice #17 and Choice #18.

Note that I didn't try every possible combination of Electives, because well, there's 306 combinations possible.
However, I tried the 20 combinations associated with all the first years we can meet (eg. Leaf with Electric/Grass), tried them again with maximum stats, and I didn't notice anything special..

Last edited by Kao_ on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm 
Rising Star

Tierno's Path

Choice #0 (MOAR STATS)

During the scene where you have to pick a roommate, you can talk to the others (In this case Cheren and Calem) and grab some extra stat points without having to room with them.
Here’s how it goes.

After this, just choose “Actually, hold on…” and go talk to the other one.

After this, just choose “Not Yet.” and you can go talk to Tierno which is the one you want to room with. :)

Again, we can't get the Perception point from Brendan. But, doesn't hurt to go and talk to him. He's a funny guy :)

Choice #1 (You're not gonna break a friendship, are you?)

Then,

- Yup, let's go. => Tierno is now your roommate!
- Hold on a sec. => Pick another roommate.

Choice #2 (Yeah! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!)

- ONWARDS AND UPWARDS! => +1 Expression
- Yay? => -1 Expression
- Yeah, you go, Tierno!

Choice #3 (Yep, hiding in the girls' bathroom is fun.. Sure!)

Received Tierno's and Trevor's contact info!

Choice #4 (My bag's blasting off at the speed of light)

Contacts updated!

Choice #5 (They don’t work Whitney!)

- Rough morning, huh ?
- Want some coffee ?

Choice #6 (Fea.. what? Don't know that word)

- Losing my friends. => +1 with May & Leaf
- Failing to achieve my dreams. => +1 with Trevor
- Growing old. => +1 with Tierno & Brendan
- Spinaraks freak the hell out of me. => +1 with Shauna
- Nothing gets to me! NOTHING! => +1 Expression

Choice #7 (Clubs, huh ? Right...)

- The coordinator club. => +1 with May & Brendan
- The cheer team. => +1 with Shauna
- The photography club. => +1 with Trevor
- The dance club. => +1 with Tierno
- The outdoors club. => +1 with Leaf
- The Battle Team.

Choice #8 (Please, don't ask me. Not me, not me, not me!)

- Cray Fish => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Red Crab => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Rascal => -1 Trainer’s Insight
- Ruffian => +1 Trainer’s Insight

Choice #9 (Venomoth VS Claydol)

Choice #10 (Oak’s Quiz)

- 5 => -1 Insight
- 6 => +1 Insight
- 7 => -1 Insight
- 8 => -1 Insight

Choice #11 (Leaf is in the air*)

- On second thought…

Choice #12 (2 EASY 4 ME)

- It’s all right.
- I can’t take it anymore! => You and the other two idiots high five each over. +1 with Tierno & Brendan
- Dodge the question. => +1 with Leaf
- This school is too easy for a genius like me! [Giving all the right answers at the previous tests is required] => +1 Appeal

Choice #13 (Just a little tap on the shoulder, that's all)

Victory => +1 Insight
Defeat => -1 Insight

Choice #14 (Battle Team Invite)

- I’d rather not. [This one doesn’t show up if you said you wanted to enter the Battle Team at Choice #8]

The first Elective Class test will happen between Choice #11 and Choice #12.
The second Elective Class test will happen between Choice #13 and Choice #14.

Note as well that I didn't try every possible combination of Electives, because well, there's 306 combinations possible.
However, I tried the 20 combinations associated with all the first years we can meet (eg. Leaf with Electric/Grass), tried them again with maximum stats, and I didn't notice anything special.

Last edited by Kao_ on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 am 
Staff Writer

As I'm now officially on the team I can't lend a hand, but it is very encouraging to see somebody follow in my footsteps. Excellent job!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:41 am 
Rising Star

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'll try and do my best to make this guide as good as I can!

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:02 am 
Youngster

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:39 pm 
Rising Star

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:29 am 
Youngster

You're welcome, and I very much like the guide. Thank you. :D