[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Old anime to recommend to the next generation - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:29 am 
Delinquent

I realized a while ago that I am probably over twice the age of some of the people on the forum. I am not saying this as a bad thing, and neither am I trying to say I am better, in fact I am pretty out touch with modern anime and social media, but I digress...

I know a good amount of anime that I could potential recommend to the newer generations.

I know that a lot of the old anime has aged pretty badly but there are a few that have not, or at the very least are so good that they are some people can overlook the outdated appearances.

I am mainly a follower of the Japanese dub is better then the Engllish dub. I must admit, however that English dub is getting better, there some shows where the English dub is even as good Japanese dub, however the show that I am recommending are old, and the dubbing back then was mostly terrible.

I am just going to list a few of the oldies that I think the younger gen might still like, if you like those I try and suggest more.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:57 am 
Delinquent

First up the obvious choice of the old shows,

Cowboy Bebop, which is widely considered to be the series that got people interested in anime in the first place during the early years back when outside of Japan anime was a relatively unknown thing. In spite of what I said earlier about the old English dubs being terrible, this is a exception, its dub is better the most other animated shows I have heard even today. It was also the first anime to appear on Adult swim for Americans, and it remained on the channel long then any other.

It has great music, and the style in which it is which is good even by today's standards.

I would write more and list other shows and I noticed I am late for work, so I will post more later

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:24 pm 
Delinquent

On the other hand there is also a show that is so ridiculously bad that it is hilarious. This being "Mobile Fighter G Gundam", or simply G Gundam.

Those who are familiar with the gundam series know that it is a series that focuses on horrors of war and an a coming of age story for a boy, or girl, and how they deal with there life suddenly and violently turned on upside down.

And then there is G Gundam, the black sheep of family that nobody wants to acknowledge. Rather then space opera it goes bad budget DBZ with robots. And who dearly loves the series. If you try to take the story seriously you will just get mad especially if a regular gundam fan. However if you take a joke it is hilariously bad. I could give you official intro, but the I prefer...

One day a bunch of gundam pilots got really drunk and got into brawl, the last one standing in his drunken stupor declared his home country to be the rulers or Earth and the space colonies, and for some reason nobody argued with him, and a "noble" tradition began, we now follow in the footsteps of Domon Kashuu.

So back to as serious description in order to decide which country will rule Earth and space for the next few years each country selects a fighter to represent them in a global tournament. Each country also builds a gundam for them to pilot. Which they are often pretty racist, like the gundam that represents Mexico wears a poncho and a sombrero and its real name is the Tequila gundam.

I won't say anything else about it other then Master Asia is best character.

Anyways if you want me to recommend more series, just ask or let me know what you are into and I will give you a recommendation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:31 am 
Delinquent

If you are a fan of the Gundam series, but are tired of the usual miracle wonder child teenage who can pilot Mobile Suits like ace on their first try, all while riding the their miracle unsinkable spaceship manned mostly by kids and teenagers, Then "Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team," or simply 08th MS Team, is your show.

Unlike the normal formula of the gundam series, this series follows the lives of a specific moble suit team. They don't single-handedly win the war, there are no newtypes, or people with crazy powers, but there is a giant super weapon with an big FU beam. This just follows the leader of the company. Despite all this it might possibly be one of the most interesting series.

I won't say anything else other then, there is also an OVA of the series called "Miller's Report", but other then that I don't want to spoil anything.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable