[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Recruiting Writers & Aspiring Writers - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

If you're interested in joining the team as a writer, here’s what you need to do:

Send your writing to pokemonvisualdev@gmail.com with the subject line: Writing Audition

In your email, please tell us about yourself in no more than four sentences.

The assignment will be a simple gauge of your writing style and strengths. We will not be able to respond to all applications. If you're up for consideration, we'll let you know.

Here’s what you need to write/send us. PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS:

SCENE:
Past-Curfew Hours: Sneaking Out of the Dorms

SETTING:
Relic Hall dormitories

CHARACTERS:
Leaf; Player character (Red); Roommate character (Calem, Cheren, Brendan OR Tierno)

SCENE DESCRIPTION:
The adventurous and daring Leaf decides to raid Red’s room after curfew hours, attempting to convince him to sneak out of Relic Hall with her.

WORD COUNT:
Approximately 1,000 - 1,500

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR WRITING IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:

This is a script focusing on dialogue. Please specify the speaker in each line. Provide brief descriptions of any action, gesture, or expression changes if necessary.

EXAMPLE:

RED: "blah blah"

LEAF: "blah blah blah"

RED: (thinking) blah blah blah

LEAF: (cunning smile on her face and approaches Red) "blah blah"

[include brief descriptions of the action, if necessary]

RED: (surprised) "blah blah blah"

FAQ:

1. When is the deadline?
There is none. Take your time and send us your best work.

2. How many writers are you looking for?
At least 3-5. We will still be open to recruiting more even after we found who we need.

3. What genre should I write in?
We would prefer it to be just like what we have in the current game, but you can write however you want. What’s important is how you construct the conversations.

4. Can I use more characters beyond what’s requested for the scene?
Avoid doing so unless you find it absolutely necessary. If you decide to include more characters, please clearly state your reasoning.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask us. Thank you! We’re looking forward to what you can come up with.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:19 pm 
Rising Star

One question: is there an expected amount of time that will pass before we know if we were accepted/rejected, or should we just keep our eyes & ears open?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:02 pm 
Delinquent

I can't speak for everyone (plus I never submitted anythin because I can't commit to writing long term), but usually if you don't hear some kind of response in two weeks or so, chances are you didn't get picked.

At least that's how it works in the pro world.

Following up at least once after a few days is recommended just in case the application slipped through and was missed by whoever's reading.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:03 pm 
Rising Star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:30 am 
Rising Star

If I'm sitting at about 2000 words, would that be acceptable? I got excited when I was writing it, and I ended up getting a bit carried away. If not, I will pare it down some. Thanks for your time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:41 pm 
Youngster

EDIT: If we include the roommate in some dialogue, do we pick someone specifically? Or just write for all of them in general?

EDIT 2: Sorry for additional questions, but is this just the scene leading up to them sneaking out? Or Leaf "recruiting" Red to sneak out, what happens when they sneak out, and them returning?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:50 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:00 am 
Youngster

Just sent in my application, hoping you guys look favorably upon my scenario. I just feel a little uneasy because I had to cut myself off at the 1000 word minimum. If I had kept going the piece would have ballooned into a novella with the ideas I had for it going forward. I'd rather give you guys a taste of my writing, not drown you in it, especially if you guys end up not liking it. XD

It's very cool how you're opening this up to people, I don't see a lot of fan projects do that. Very eager to see who makes the cut! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:38 am 
Youngster

I sent you guys an email about wanting to write before I actually saw this post. I am currently working on my submission, and I will send it over when it's done. I'm sorry that I didn't check out the forum, but now that I know that it's here, I'll always check here first.

You can email me at thechampionpixel@gmail.com or at PalmSuiteOfficial@gmail.com

Instagram/Twitter: Emjoria

NNID: emmydos FC: 4914-4494-8540

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next