[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Possible Game Mechanic - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Possible Game Mechanic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:16 pm 
Delinquent

The game is great so far, I have been playing through all the possible routes, trying all the different answers and seeing how picking the classes in a different orders, and seeing the roommate I selected effects the classes I pick. Which in all honesty even when skipping the previously read dialogue at the highest speed takes some time.

So I was wondering if you could add an option/function that automatically brings you to the next choice or unread text in the current story line.

For now that is the only recommendation that I can think of that I hope won't drastically increase your workload.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 pm 
Delinquent

You can just use skip mode (hold CTRL). It automatically stops you at the next choice or if you release the button.

By default you can't skip text you haven't seen before. Whatever text you've seen the game will skip over.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:41 pm 
Delinquent

That is what I currently do. But even when I have set skip speed to the maximum it will still take a some time, on certain parts of the game.

I have seen and used this function in some of the other visual novels that I have played. It is especially useful in longer visual novels.

I know that it wouldn't make sense to put in in the current demo, but it would probably help in a later version that more text.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable