[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Your thoughts on LGBT romance in the game - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:01 am 
Youngster

Hello guys! First of all, pardon if there is any grammar error here, because my native language is not English.

I saw two polls about people suggesting LGBT relationships, and in both cases the biggest vote was "no", as were others who also voted "yes", but I realized that there were very few comments about it.

So, I just want to know what you guys, would think if there was a route of the boys, I'm not wanting to influence development with this topic, because the choice is for the author whether he will accept the suggestion or not.

So I want to happily know your opinions on this.

I think it would be great to bring diversity to the game, being able to choose who to relate to regardless of the gender of the characters!

But if this game ends up having romance with just the girls, I will not cry out for not having put that feature.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:03 pm 
Poké Fan

I don't think there should be an LGBT element in this story. L would be tricky with Red being the main character... and adding multiple main characters is a ridiculous amount of work. G&B is also not a good idea for similar reasons. If all of the students could potentially have a route, it would add so much work that it becomes unfeasible to release the game without a much larger staff. T is also not a good fit, because it is difficult adding T in a story without it taking a central role, and you would need to add LGB elements which is already asking for a lot of work for people releasing a free game.

The only exception to this that would be reasonable to accomplish is a relationship between Red and Blue. They already have a history together, and they're constantly keeping each other in mind. Blue, as a rival, is going to feature prominently in the game anyway, so not a lot of extra work would be needed to give him a route... you would just need to write an ending that contextualizes what happens in the game as them understanding who the other really is, and accepting that... which should probably happen anyway. All that would need to change is that their bond would take on a physical aspect as well, which could be tacked on at the end, Legend of Kora style, and the player's imagination can take it from there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:53 pm 
Youngster

I think being able to romance the guys would be fantastic... but, in this case I'm fine if I can't since I ship Red/Leaf so it means I can get through a play-through without much concerns. It does however mean this game won't have any replay value for me personally, because I'm guessing the story won't change, and the thought of Red romancing someone else other than Leaf/Blue.... yeah, not a fan.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:43 am 
Youngster

As someone who is a part of the LGBT community (I'm a lesbian btw), as much as I love LGBT inclusion in video games or just LGBT representation in general, I personally don't really think it is necessary. I would prefer if the game was more focused just on character/story development and well ... Pokemon. I love the game as it is so far from the demo I've played and I also feel like LGBT inclusion and stuff like that will clutter or complicate the game. Plus, it would be a lot of work to add a whole new set of romance options because of the inclusion of gay romance. If the team decides to make gay romance a thing in the game I'd prefer if they do not address or dwell on Red's sexual orientation or things like coming out since I personally find it to be unnecessary clutter and I'd like the main focus to be mainly story and character development with romance just being a side thing.

tbh when I first learned about this game I was hoping there would be an option of being a female character and romancing other girls in the game but I know that's never gonna happen since that's just a whole lot of work and it's totally fine with me since I'm just happy that this game just exists and is in the works of completion!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm 
Ranger

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:24 pm 
Youngster

If it makes sense and it's what the writers intend to do, I'm as fine as if it the writers don't intend to do it.

This game will be comfy whether there's LGBT in it or not.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:36 pm 
Ranger

I think they can put some elements in the theme, but the only LGBT possible I can see is Red x Blu, eventually Red with is roomate, but I don't think they can go this far.... Because they are too many routes and stories to write...

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:36 am 
Youngster

It's already been stated in this thread, but I'll chime in anyway. I don't think it's a matter of whether is should be included, but if it could be included.

The game has, what, three writers? They've got enough story to write as it is, making a possible love interest route for every character is simply too much. They're not getting paid, remember, so best not to ask them to take on more work than what they've already got. Even for a small cast, three years of character development is a lot to write out, and the cast of this game is already quite large.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:55 pm 
Ranger

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:49 pm 
Youngster

Personnaly, I don't care. I know it's selfish, but if the game can fulfill all that is planned, I will be...I don't know the english word for this but you get it.

So I think it's more importante to focused on one thing at once, and not start to make LGBT romance, a Girl path where you can play the rule 63 of Red, a Pokémon path where you play Pikachu, a Chen path when you want to date Red's mother... :mrgreen:

After the game released, I think it could be a good thing to develop a romance with a character (maybe only one, choosed by community poll).

I've created an account just for say this, but I'm really hyped by this game. I see that it could be REALLY AWESOME, and it's a huge amount of work. So I'm afraid of coming here one day and see that the game is aborted or in a hiatus. I want to play to a final version of this game before my death, and before the end of the manga Berserk. :lol: