Demo 1.0.3 for Pokémon Academy Life is live and available for download. Please see the downloads page for Mediafire and Mega links: http://pokemonacademylife.com/index.php/download
Thank you to all who have waited patiently. We ran into many, many roadblocks during development, and in combination with our own real life agendas, it made work quite slow.
As a result, there are several things that couldn't make it into this demo version that we would have loved
to implement, including:
- A fleshed out battle system (only prototype included as a placeholder)
- A working Pokémon catching system (currently does not exist)
- One more day to touch upon free exploration (similar to 1.0.2c, but does not exist in 1.0.3)
The main purpose of this demo update is really to just solidify the game's opening. We've never been truly comfortable with how the game started out and its delivery in the first hour or so. As of this update, we think we're in a much better spot.That said, here are the updates we did implement:
- Overhauled and expanded opening and some prologue scenes.
- Available days extended to Year 1 - April 10.
- Dramatically cut down on overall file size.
- Numerous art assets updated.
- Removed the player's sprite from the dialogue boxes.
- As mentioned, battle system prototype added.
- Replaced the character cards system with a more streamlined tracker.
- Updated the traits menu with a more streamlined tracker.
- Minor text fixes.Here are some issues that might exist, but are not game-breaking:
- Some sprite animations may split the face up with the body, making the character temporarily look like stuff of nightmares. This shouldn't happen often, but if it does, please report it so we can fix.
- Your Charmander may be immune to super-effective attacks for some reason.
- Audio might sometimes temporarily lower in volume when too many sound effects are playing at the same time.
More news and some community updates to come along in the next few hours/days/weeks. Stay tuned...