[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Character list, question - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Character list, question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:05 pm 
Youngster

For those who don't read Introductions, i have made a list with nearly all Pokemon characters.
I did that because some teacher where for me out of place and there was so few of them (only 4 home room teacher and no club adviser). I know it still a beta but I'm so curious and wanted to know if i could change that with keeping a variety.
Sadly, there is so few woman and grass, fairy & flying trainer, that i'm still not satisfied, but well at last i can see enough teacher for a school with 6 class' by years (18 class' -> 450/540 students).

I also wanted to know if you (the dev) have made a FULL student list, i know you have a student list but what i mean is :
_With all the characters that could be used as a student (even if you don't think about adding them or if you already use them as teacher ;) ).
_Their class AND sit (Class map are useful for counter inconsistency).
_their main pokemon.
If not i could edit my doc to add their Pokemon and make a sit map.

You can see my list here (with teacher edit on 3rd tab):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

LMP, still speaking for nothing.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:21 pm 
Ranger

I answer to you in 2 parts:

1st part:

The project is to include a maximum of characters as possible. Even the 7th generation, but very late in the game. The fact is we can see "Alola" wrtied in the background in the airport scene. :geek:

So for the list, they should be NEVER made one. Why? It's simple, the story, or I should say "stories" in this case, are created piece by piece, in chronogical order, like the real life... When they finish a scene, they write the next scene, with is variants, and again, and again, and.... again.... So, it's not correct to made a list when you don't know when you use this or this character, because they don't know when, or how to use it because they don't have introduce him yet in the story.... :?
I hope you can understand my explanation because, like you, I'm not english (but French). :D

2nd part:

I talk about your list, a good idea, anyway. ;)
Girl list, student part: Zinnia, she is really OLDER than she looks, she have a (dead) daughter you know? :?:
Teacher list, male part: "True, Tucker don't use Fairy pokemon, but he is the only charater old enough to teach, who also give a fairy feeling."
Sorry, but, if no one have the fairy type, don't write someone, and YES, Tucker looks like a fairy (maybe), but this team is more familiar to dragon type than fairy (we all know dragon type is weak against fairy type). :?
Teacher list, female part: "Sadly for Erika and Winona, there is not enough trainer of their type in the games... (and not enough girl.)"
I think if we search deeper, we can found some trainers. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 4:57 pm 
Youngster

Sur le fait de créer une liste nous somme donc en désaccord. Pour moi la liste (si elle elle complète) permet d'éviter les incohérences (du style un telle est dans une classe puis 2 scène plus loin il est dans une autre). Lorsqu'il y a plusieurs auteurs, elle permet d'un coup d’œil de respecté le même cadre général.

En ce qui concerne Zinnia, si tu parle d'Aster (Lorekeeper), nulle part il est dit qu'elles sont mère et fille lorsqu'elle parle de sa "fille" elle parle du Pokemon, beaucoup de gens IRL parlent de leur animaux comme étant leurs enfants, c'est le cas ici, et de toute façon les dev ont déjà prit pas mal de liberté au niveau de l'age des personnages (kufkuf, Janine, kufkuf).
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zinnia
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aster

Enfin, pour le type de Tucker (et quelques autres), je ne vois pas le problème de prendre quelques libertés, somme toutes minimes (comme l'ages des perso ;)), les dresseurs incarné dans les jeux d'origine n'ont pas de type et ils en ont un dans P.A.L., pour moi c'est pratiquement du même acabit.

LMP, qui a la flemme d'écrire en anglais...

--------------------------------------> google trad :

On the fact of creating a list we therefore disagree. For me the list (if it completes) avoids the inconsistencies (of the style one is in a class then 2 scene further it is in another). When there are several authors, it allows with a glance to respect the same general framework.

As for Zinnia, if you're talking about Aster (the Lorekeeper), nowhere is it said that they're mother and daughter, when she talks about her "daughter" she talks about the Pokemon, many IRL people talk about their Animals as their children, this is the case here, and in any case the dev have already taken a lot of freedom with the age of the characters (kufkuf, Janine, kufkuf).
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zinnia
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aster

Finally, for the type of Tucker (and some others), I do not see the problem of taking a few liberties, sum all minimal (like the ages of the characters), the trainers incarnated in the original games did not have type and they have one in PAL, for me it is practically the same.

LMP, who is lazy to write in English ...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm 
Ranger

I know you are french too, but "trop fatigué" to write in 2 languages, so I write in english for the understood of everyone:
-I talk about Zinnia, who mentioned the fact that the name of her Whismur is the same like her dead daughter (in the french version only if my memories are good).

For Tucker, I'm still strong: I don't think he'll be a fairy teacher. Then, the answer question is the property of the developpers....

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:07 am 
Youngster

Ok, in english then ;)

For Aster, if your memories is right then the french translation is wrong, see this quote in Bulbapedia:

"When she is not in disguise, Zinnia is usually accompanied by a Whismur nicknamed Aster (Japanese: シガナ Shigana). Zinnia occasionally addresses her like a daughter, and Aster occasionally makes cries of "Mum" (Japanese: ママー Mama) to Zinnia.
Aster seems to have been named after someone close to Zinnia who has passed away. According to an interview with Shigeru Ohmori in the June 2015 issue of Nintendo Dream, Aster was a person with special powers who held the position of Lorekeeper before Zinnia."

All source i know, say her only family is her grandmother.

LMP, not really good in english...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:20 pm 
Ranger

Starting here, I have a terrible headeache.... :shock:
Her Grandmother was dead? I always have questions about this is true or not, because in the Meteor falls we can talk to an old woman who says she is her grand mother. I have the screens here:
Bulbapedia:

Pokepedia:

Apparently, Solid-Zombie forms exist in the pokemon world(because Gengars/Ectoplasmas works like those: killing people to transforms into one of them)....
Or this is simply means that one of her two grandmother (because, thankls to Gaia, we have two grandmother, normally....) died (in this case Aster) and the second grandmother was the one we can found in the granite cave.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 am 
Youngster

Lol, my previous answer can be confusing ...
I didn't say that her grandmother was died, simply, that she was her only family. (->she don't have a daughter.)
Anyway back to the topic, i may add the bad-guys in the file today since i have some time.

LMP, who hope to have convinced you that Zinnia was young enough to be a student.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:55 pm 
Ranger

Hum.... Nein! :lol:
Je penserais toujours que Ammaryllis est un femme plus agée qu'on ne le pense....
Et que sa grand-mère est sa seule famille (donc ce n'est pas faux) dans le sens ENCORE EN VIE, car oui, cette même grand-mère mentionne bien (nous sommes d'accord) qu'elle est sa seule famille, mais elle voulait dire en vie. :D

I always think Zinnia is an older woman than she looks...
And her grandmother is her only family (so is not false) in the fact only family IN LIVE ACTUALLY, because, yes, this same grandmother say (we are agree) the fact she's her only family, she wanted to say her only family who are alive. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:29 am 
Delinquent

Holy fucking shit.
Alright, I'm gonna put this plain and simple so all of you understand the problems with some of the things you guys have mentioned.
1. There is a character list, but your character is such a mess that I can't even describe some of the problems.
Why would the team magma and aqua teams be separatwd by the remakes???
Zinnias importance in Pokemon is for Delta Episode. It has no importance for PAL.
I question your logic when Chaz is in this list.
Gen 7 has been confirmed to be a Hawaii Trip event. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Battle Frontier characters have literally no substance or importance, so give up on that.
Why the hell would Daisy be in the game.

2. There IS a character list, and I'm sorry, but you are stupid if you believe they're aiming for as many characters as possible.
If they add as many characters as possible, the game would be a clusterfuck. It's a school, you never see every single student in your school in real life. That's how it works.

For gods sake, if you want the game to ever come out, please think about the ideas you get in relation to that.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:38 pm 
Ranger