[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Electives - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: Electives
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:44 pm 
Youngster

So i still haven't played 1.0.4 but i do have ideas on how electives should be handled, while we of course need to have access to most if not everytype of pokemon outside of electives, electives would be a good way to give the player better pokemon that logically other characters in the universe wouldn't have access to. I'm not in love with the idea right now if only because in your first elective class you get some really rare pokemon, Riolu? Axew? Togepi? These are really Rare/Good pokemon for first years to just be handed. So why not reward trainers for sticking to one elective for consecutive years?

Say for the first year you pick dragon, fighting, for these first years why not something most people would switch out later? For dragon this is a bit difficult but maybe something like tyrunt. For Fighting type lets say manky. Depending on how well you do in the class the professor could reward you with items that are useful for pokemon they give you access to, not only that but maybe these professors know locations they can give you access to, that has pokemon of their respective type, say you take fighting elective again the following year, then you're in fighting 2 and maybe this time you can pick up a riolu, same system in place for all 3 years with better results if you put more time in one elective instead of branching out.

Also maybe being in any of these classes for 3 years gives you access to things like a z-move or a mega evolution but only for the specific elective you picked obviously.

Post subject: Re: Electives
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 pm 
Delinquent

I believe the devs said that you would be required to train your elective Pokemon for all three years. While you don't necessarily have to use them for your core team, you at least have to train them enough to perform well in tests. All of this should apply to Charmander, but maybe not Pikachu. As such, you will probably get beneficial items later on. The academy is already generous enough to give away rare Pokemon, so what would stop them from rewarding those who use their Pokemon effectively? One other thing: the devs already said that the present elective Pokemon are to be kept by popular/personal vote, not to mention the fact that these "gift" pokemon will be woven into the story.

Post subject: Re: Electives
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 pm 
Poké Fan

Pretty sure it was going to cover all three years anyway? Anyhow, if you can change electives, I'd definitely be in favour of some reward for keeping one the whole way through.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable