[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Pokemon Generations Trailer Analysis - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:17 pm 
Poké Fan

So I was watching the Pokemon Generations trailer and I was really excited and noticed a lot of details. Because of this, I wanted to try my hand at analysing the trailer for all available information. Prepare for a long post

The beginning shot. Not very clear what it is. Just appears to be a hole in the ground with light emitting from it. Now at first I thought this could be Giant Chasm from Unova and that the bright light is Kyurem. However, the landscape betrays this thought. It appears to be an untouched forest while in BW/BW2 when you encounter Kyurem, the landscape is covered in ice/snow. Also, Giant Chasm is more rocky. This landscape reminds me more of Kalos so that would most likely make this hole in the ground Terminus Cave and the light emitting from the hole would be Zygarde. More on this later

Again, at first I thought this was a scene from Unova, namely N's castle along with the 7 sages. However, only 4 figures are shown and after closer inspection, I'm almost certain they're the Kanto Elite 4. From left to right it appears to be Agatha, Lance, Lorelei and Bruno offscreen in this image. This implies that the order of the E4 is not set like it is in Kanto but the order can be chosen like in Unova and Kalos.

Here we have Suicune, Entei and Raikou standing on the remains of burned/brass tower. Seeing the three together, I can only think of two scenes in the games where they are together on the tower. The sun rays above them are interesting since the sky is cloudy. I'm pretty sure that the sun rays are coming from Ho-oh rather than the sun. This means that this scene could in fact be the resurrection of Suicune, Entei and Raikou. What is probably more likely is this is when all three escape the tower when they encounter Gold on the bottom floor.

Here we have Zygarde in his complete form. A light is shining from him and there's a hole above him. This pretty much confirms that this is the same scene from the beginning of the trailer. The girders behind Zygarde seem to show that this is Terminus cave which is where Zygarde is encountered in XY. This is interesting to me as it means that Complete form Zygarde is encountered in Kalos rather than Alola where his Complete form was revealed. Also, it implies to me that this will be a giant advert for Sun and Moon just like Origins was for XY

Obviously this is Giovanni. The question is, where is he? Those lights behind him look to me like spotlights. The only place I can think of where he would be is his gym since they are often seen as sporting events in which spotlights are common. As a bit more of an obscure theory, this could be the Silph Co building where in Pokemon Origins, the building is destroyed and a helicopter picks Giovanni up. The helicopter had lights on it similar to this. However, this looks pre-battle and this is almost certainly going to be based on the games and not Origins.

Not much to say here other than the fact that throughout the whole trailer, Red's face is never properly shown. Who knows, maybe it's actually Ash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now here's a weird but badass one. Here we have Looker (looking awesome) organising a siege along with a squad of police, Arcanines and Machamps. From what I recall, there's no scene like this in the games as Looker tends to prefer covert strategies. I assume this is some sort of siege on a Team Galatic base.

The mine cart and the presence of a Kalos pokemon probably mean that this is Terminus cave again. Now Noivern isn't actually found wild in Terminus cave but Noibat is. So either they took a few creative liberties or that's actually a trainer's pokemon. Most likely the former. Also, pretty much confirmation that Pikachu's gonna be the main pokemon -_- again.

Classic scene of the Lake of Rage but instead of Gold fighting the shiny Gyarados, it looks to be Lance's Dragonite. While I'm sure this scene is gonna be cool, it's not a good sign that Gold is absent here. Looks like Red is probably gonna be the only protagonist in the shorts. That's a shame.

At first this looks like the classic champion battle between Blastoise and Charizard that we saw in Pokemon Origins

But when you zoom out, you see that Lance is the opponent. This means that we're in fact gonna see Blue's rise to the top of the E4. Whether or not we see Red's climb is to be seen.

He's an Arcanine using a fire type move followed immediately by lava filling up a room. The fire type move coming from Arcanine doesn't look like it's lava so I don't think these two scenes are linked. The lava room has me interested as I can't think of anywhere in the games off the top of my head where a room is filled with lava. The only ideas I have are that it's an enemy team thing (team Flare, team Magma?) or it's a fire type gym/fire type E4 room. I guess Lavaridge would fit thematically. The room looks rather bland to be a gym or E4 room though.

Ok so here's a fight between a Claydol and a Heatran. The lava/magma next to the Heatran means that this is probably a volcano and the famous volcanic home for Heatran, Stark Mountain, is the top contender for the site of this fight. Now there's one particular trainer that comes to mind when I hear Stark Mountain and Claydol.

I'm pretty sure this Claydol belongs to Buck and he's battling Heatran.

Here's Cheryl and her Chansey running away from a Haunter. You encounter Cheryl in Eterna forest where you don't actually encounter Haunter but only Gastly. But you know where does have Haunter? The Old Chateau. Either, there's going to be something to do with the Old Chateau while they're in Eterna Forest or they're taking creative liberties again.

Further proof that we'll be seeing Blue's rise in the E4 rather than Red's which is an interesting and fresh take. Plus, Pidgeot makes a cool eagle noise rather than saying Pidgeot so they're gonna make animal noises like in the games rather than saying their names like in the anime.

Here we see Regigigas and Pikachu standing outside Snowpoint temple. Judging from the shock wave coming from Regigigas and the fact that they're outside the temple, it's likely that Regigigas has just woken up and is exerting its power a little bit. An awake Regigigas implies that Red will catch a Regirock, Regice and Registeel during his adventure so that Regigigas can wake up. Either that or creative liberties

And then to end off the trailer, the champion battle between Blue and Red, with Red's face covered up yet again.

There aren't any clear signs of Hoenn or Unova in this trailer from what I can see but the poster shows off N, Ghetsis, Kyurem, Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre so it's almost certain those regions will be here too. Otherwise it'd just feel wrong

So I'm looking forward to these episodes and I'm interested to see what new Sun and Moon thing they'll most likely reveal. I'm tired and I need to go to bad after all that analysis

Please hire me Gamexplain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:35 am 
Youngster

I'm amazed that you managed to analyse and share so much
Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:12 pm 
Youngster

That is definitely Red, so that's exciting. We'll get to see Gary/Blue interact with someone less likely to take his bad attitude, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:40 pm 
Delinquent

Minor nitpick :p
The name of Pokémon in plural don't change

"Look at all those Pikachu'' ''A flock of Pidgey'' etc...

And I think Looker is going after Giovanni in the trailer
Either creative liberty or a nod/confirmation that the agent on SS. Anne is Looker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:11 pm 
Poké Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:50 pm 
Poké Fan

Now I know how Gamexplain feel when they overanalyse a trailer and go way past the truth lmao

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable