[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
First Week impressions - Page 3 - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Opinion on Pikachu
1. Awesome 42%  42%  [ 33 ]
2. Good 36%  36%  [ 28 ]
3. Fine 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
4. Indifferent 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
5. Ehh 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6. Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7. Why the heck did you give me this dumb mouse? 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 78
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:40 am 
Rising Star

Was I the only one who thought that leafs position when she was leaning against the wall was a little off, in relation to the wall I mean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:03 am 
Rising Star

I named the Pikachu Atticus, after the famous Roman scholar. Since it's a high school setting, I thought it was appropriate. Actually, the only thing I knew about the Pikachu was a small glimpse I'd seen on Twitter, where the Pikachu appeared angry. I thought it would be a bad-tempered little rat, so I gave it an aggressive and pompous-sounding name! Teaches me not to judge a Pikachu by its cover, huh?

And I named the Charmander Caesar because I generally theme-name. I'm eagerly anticipating catching a Cicero, Pompey, Pompeii, Hadrian, Claudius, Antony, Cassius, and so forth.

What Pokemon are you all anticipating catching in the wild? Given the climate and terrain, what's reasonable? I'd love a Joltik or Sableye, but I can't imagine there are any cave Pokemon out in the field near the school.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:21 am 
Staff Writer

We're not gonna find one out in grasslands, but I want a Koffing. Best Pokemon.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:30 am 
Poké Fan

I wonder if Alolan variants will be available at all. Vulpix is my favourite Pokémon, Fire or Ice, but with Charmander automatic I'd like to see Alolan Vulpix. I like Alolan Nintales over Kanto Ninetales as well.

Do we know if it's planned to have a limited selection of Pokémon that have interact with Red or a variety of them that are just used for battling?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:48 am 
Poké Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:02 pm 
Delinquent

Just finished playing my first playthrough of the demo. Here's what I liked and what I disliked:

- The many different characters we had the chance to interact with
- The humour that was included at some parts
- Brawly and Falkner at the orientation
- This demo made me consider Whitney or Janine for future paths to take. I kinda am interested in being with them too now. :)

Dislikes:

There's two things I kinda disliked (no offense to the creators, this was overall an incredible demo version, I'm just giving some feedback).

- The type elective classes weren't really fully scripted out. Like, on some days of the game they were skipped. I chose electric and flying with a reason: electric to see Lt. Surge and Tierno interacting some more and flying to be able to bond with Skyla some more during class. Sadly, the storyline in these electives didn't really continue. Like, they were only pretty useful for the quizzes and most of the time they were skipped. I didn't like that, because I wanted a chance to interact with some characters during class some more.

- There were limited times to make a choice of how to react. Like, the previous demo version had more choices you could make and that was what made it more unique for me.

It's not meant as a way to bash this game, but it's just my opinion. Overall, I loved playing through this demo. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm 
Delinquent

I wouldn't mind a Leafeon on my team...

-My Dream Team-

Pikachu/Raichu

Charmander (Still sucks he takes up a slot in the party because you're graded on it. I'd throw him out instantly for another fire type.)

Leafeon

Serviper

Slurpuff

Mamoswine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:42 am 
Youngster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 am 
Youngster

I loved Pikachu! I called him "Pika" at first (after Red's Pikachu in the manga) but then I decided that since this is game Red, not manga Red, it would be more appropriate for him to have a different name. So, I'm going to be calling him "Volty".

As for other things, I wanted to share my opinion on this:
I've noticed that the devs decided to remove Red's portrait from the textbox when he speaks, and in most scenes he's in, you either don't see him at all or his face isn't shown. I really don't like this approach; I feel like they're trying to make it feel as if YOU are the one in the game, not Red, and I much prefer seeing Red's reactions to various things and such instead of them making it seem like it's the player. I don't like this more first person approach. I know it probably won't be changed back, but I thought I would let everybody know what I think anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:13 am 
Youngster

Quite a bit more content that I was actually expecting compared to what was available in 1.02, so it was definitely worth the wait.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about Red more or less being a novice in completely every way.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next