[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
I just registered to thank the devs/writers - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:48 pm 
Youngster

(warning: english is not my native language, I apologize for the mistakes to come, feel free to correct me)

tl;dr: I like this game.

So, I downloaded the demo and I was like "another crappy fan game, just to date your favorites character and then get a kiss scene, meh, i'm bored, it's free, let's try". Yeah, I didn't read a lot of the "About The Game" part.

And at first, I had trouble with the designs, especially Professor Oak, and I found Red dumb and not very enjoyable. And first choices seemed meaningless, but I kept going. I completed the demo. And I really enjoyed it.

Many reasons, a lot of them tied to the writing, so here's a list:

-The characters. I played a bunch of Visual Novels, and a lot of them had this kind of forced friendship that feel wrong, unrealistic and too easy. But here, it's the Pokemon World, and it's well written, so it worked. I don't know how, but I believe than these guys become friends with Red, and I took Brandan as a roommate and he's cool, his relationship with May is cool, they remind me these couples I can meet and befriend with. And I like Leaf too. I don't know how, but it worked. It may be linked to the second point...

-This world, the Academy. It feels... Logic. It feels like the writers asked themselves how the Pokemon World work, how an academy like this would work, what would be the point of doing it, and... They answered everything in a good way, I think. And that's because there is a lot of content. Like, the "choose your class system". I thought they would just had a few words like "you went in Ice class today and met XXX, you chat with him after", but no. There is all the 18 types, a teacher (Surge I love you) and 2 students each, and all the buildings (even unfinished), the clubs... It's big, it's pleasant, it's the reason why I ended up investing myself in the game.

-The nostalgia and the good questions. I started to really get involved in the game when I had to chose my types. Because it remind me the good of times of Pokemon, when I wanted a team with my favorites Pokemon, and then had hesitations between keeping my favorites even if they are bad, or getting a little bit strategic to beat the Elite Four. So here, I asked myself, if I was in a Pokemon World, if it took really a lot of work to become a good trainer, what types would I choose? What Pokemons would I like to spend my life with, to really have as companions. Ultimately, I think this game do not try to do pure fanservice, but rather fit everything we liked in a world with the maximum of logic possible. And that's why I cared.

-Red. Ultimately, Red become... Interesting. He is not the absolute legend, the overpowered main character, but he is not the absolute dumb loser of classic romantic VN. He is at the beginning, but I eventually like him. He makes mistakes, like, very oftenly, but he try. He has something special, but it's not really overpowered and he has to keep it hidden, so the over characters don't treat him as someone "special", most time.

-And well, after praising so much the writers, I would like to thank the artists too: I had difficulties at the beginning, but it eventually faded away, and I enjoyed it.

So I enjoyed the demo. And I write all of this because I see so many projects left unfinished, and I don't want this game to be abandonned. I think you really have something cool here, something worth going on. Thank you, writers and devs. And keep going. I never really bother to support this kind of project or giving a feedback, but go team, this is cool.

I would really love to play a full game that keep the promises of the demo. And I hope you'll succeed.

See ya!

(plz make Lugia appear in the game even just a little :P )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm 
Ranger

I'm not a member of the staff (even if I want to be part one day), and let me answer to you:
-I'm here too for nostalgia, and I really discover this game by hazard (on youtube, when I was in an intense depression, staring to re-live some things I like when I was a child) 2 years for now, then I played too, I finish it, and this is one of my favorites games!
-Red from PAC (you will use this term for say <<Pokemon Academy Life>> soon if neccessary), is my favorite one by far, with the gang Leaf (with I shipping her with this Red), then the couple Brendan/May (my 1st pokemon game was Alpha Saphire).

But the real reason for me to respond to you is the fact (and you can't know it become you're new here), the dev's can't take questions like "Pls make Lugia appear", or "Can I help to translate", because this is their story, they wanted to create it to show us their idea of pokemon universe, but I don't say that Lugia will never appear. And even if your not asked here, they don't want translates 'cause "Why starting to translate something that isn't finish yet?".

I hope you a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 am 
Youngster

Thx for the reply, but I didn't offer translation (not sure i'm good enough for it, even if I have no problem to play the game in english, good translation is a lot of work) and I wasn't really serious about putting Lugia in the game, it's just my favorite Pokemon but it wasn't a real request, the team did a great job until now and they should totally keep going on this way without taking requests. I just wanted to give some feedback and praise their work.

I started with FireRed but I quickly catched up the three firsts gens, a little bit of the fourth, then dropped until the last one. So I have some troubles with characters of 5 and 6, that of course seems less appealling to me. But it works either way.

The good old time of Pokemon was when I had no Internet (well, my parents had it but I was too young to go on it on my own) and we talked of Pokemon a lot with my friend and had theory and rumors (after 100 hours of game the boat comme back and there is Mew inside, I foolishly believed that). And in PAC, I feel back those times when we took it way too seriously, and it feels good.

Have a good day!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:42 pm 
Ranger

Yeah I know for the translate thing, but I wanted to warning in the case you searched for it. ^^
But you probably know it, you can help the dev by creating you own story (in the case it is perfectly put in the PAC dimension) and give it to the devs! If you made a good (or a lot of works) you can be put in the devs team (after maybe they don't engage you officially, I don't know, the choose is only for them)!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable