[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
About Pikachu... - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: About Pikachu...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:41 am 
Delinquent

So, I'm asking you guys: what do you think about trainning Pikachu and making him a part of your team?

Personnally, I won't for two reasons:

1- Pikachu is over eight years old, and has almost never fought in his life. It would be a bit sudden for him to sudenly be made an electric killing machine, and maybe it would be a little cruel on our part.

2- What reason do we truely have for taking Pikachu? Because Lance told us not to? Boohoo. Harsh truth is that he's kinda right, Pikachu is inexperienced and probably far from being in shape for actual fighting. The reason to take Pikachu is making pride pass before logic, kinda like Blue. (There's also my personnal interpretation of Lance which consists of Lance having been like Red before and becoming overconfident because of this, and was humiliated by actual experienced trainers later on, so he's harsh to Red because he wants the first-year student to take trainning seriously)

Post subject: Re: About Pikachu...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:55 am 
Poké Fan

Pikachu will probably be sad if he isn't given a chance to show Lance what he's capable of, so on my team he goes, at least for my first playthrough.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 pm 
Poké Fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:12 pm 
Poké Fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 am 
Delinquent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:43 pm 
Youngster

I feel like Lance is kinda full of crap here. Pokemon is about more than just stats or what you think. If were talking just as game than only thing that matters is numbers. However, this always true because some Pokemon that do suck on their do have builds that can be effective and let them do something crazy. Just saying I use Braviery on Pokemon showdown in OU as Wall counter and I've had him kill 3-4 Pokemon on his own. Pikachu is one of those Pokemon that has a lot of options of build that maybe not as easy as using Quiver dance or Dragon dance and win. But hey sash endeavor Pikachu is a thing. Light Ball Pikachu is a thing. I feel like calling it just pride is underselling the Pokemon, like the other guy said people. Honestly if anything I would say age doesn't mean crap in Pokemon unless your to old to fight which ours isn't. He just lacks experience like we do your underselling Pikachu. Just saying in Pokemon in this story we have a gift to connect with Pokemon. In the pokemon world that's kinda broken considering most of the best things require "bonds" (mega evolution/z moves). Pikachu being weak is just silly, and whats to say it wouldn't want to evolve later? Just no...Lance seems more like he grew in the period where everything was a lot rougher so if Pokemon didn't start strong they didn't live long enough to grow that way. If what is implied is true he went to school their when was bad school for the most part.

Cliffnotes: Calling it pride is just selling the Pokemon short because your saying Lance who has never seen this Pokemon battle or you at that point. KNOWS nothing besides what he saw it eat. For all he knows your Pikachu could have volt absorb and volt tackle and a light ball in his brain but because you feed it junk food its bad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:23 am 
Rising Star

Personally, pikachu would be fine, so long as you could evolve it into alolan Raichu. But that is probably unlikely. So, no pikachu for me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:25 pm 
Ranger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:59 am 
Rising Star

If I was in Red's shoes, it would depend on the situation. I mean, Sparks (my name for Pikachu) is our best friend, and I feel like the team will write it going down two ways: you either let him on your team or he's basically a cheerleader, because personally I don't want to put someone I grew up with in danger, Was I pissed at Lance for what he said? Heck yeah! But I see his point and I'll cream him with my other pokemon when given the chance.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable