[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
The next update - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The next update
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:56 pm 
Youngster

When will be the next update and how to download the new update after downloading the demo?

Post subject: Re: The next update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:52 am 
Rising Star

No one probably knows the answer. The best you can do is wait for news from the team by following them on and follow the lead artist dmjh93 on and .
In the meantime, you can also check my guide in the guide section of the forum (Everything is here for each route up until before the "weekend with your friends" part of the demo) or just try other combinations of choices yourself and have fun.

See you :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:24 am 
Youngster

thanks for the info

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:28 am 
Rising Star

Honestly the fact that they keep making us wait six to twelve months between updates is frankly a little pathetic. I get that RL issues are a big hurdle but come on. Not even any progress reports? No sneak peaks? What's with the complete and total radio silence on progress? The twitter has been mostly inactive aside from some inane promotion for some random dude's Let's Play of the game and quite frankly I'm getting tired of it.

Is this all because of Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Are they staying quiet cause they don't want to be brought to the big N's attention? That doesn't excuse no news or communication [i]on this very website that they own.[I] Seriously, go look at the news on the home page. Last update was in freaking March. The lack of communication from the team and the complete deadzone that is this website has me tempted to just move on from this. I love the idea, and the characters are great, but this snail like pace will KILL all hype you mark my words.

I love this project and want it to succeed, but the people behind it seriously need to get it together or people are going to loose interest fast. I've already started too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:31 am 
Youngster

Maybe because they don't have enough crew to work with. After all, doing the scripting, programming drawing and rendering it takes really long time

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:33 am 
Rising Star

Even if that were the case, it does not excuse the complete and total lack of communication, and no information is given one way or another.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 am 
Poké Fan

Then move on from it? They don't owe us anything, they don't need an "excuse." They're doing it because they want to, they probably don't care who is "hyped" for it or who is following its development. If the game ever gets finished, people will rediscover it then.

We have no idea how much time they get to spend on this. Maybe they get to put in an hour a day, maybe they go weeks without having a chance to write one line of dialogue. If they tried to have weekly updates or screenshots or whatever people would just start pressuring them and whining even more often about the next demo. Though more frequent updates would be nice, it'll probably just be more burden for them. People like you who would insult them for not meeting your "standards" only risk harming the passion they have for the project.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:35 am 
Youngster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:55 am 
Poké Fan

Ironically, literally the next day after they posted a fairly big update on their twitter. Tierno is no longer a roommate option, and he and Trevor have left the main group. Instead, Ethan is a roommate option.

It's sheer luck I decided to take a peek at their twitter. What I do wish is that if and when they do post updates they would include this site, as I for one don't have Facebook and don't use Twitter.

Not only that they've apparently being doing polls that I've had no idea about. I guess they have every right to limit their news to whatever outlet they want but why even have this forum...

Edit: They've acvtually been posting quite a number of updates and I was none the wiser. Darn kids and their twitters.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:30 pm 
Delinquent

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I think that all of us were at least somewhat disappointed with the lack of updates here, though were respectful enough not to complain. This is a free game made by people with lives rather than an entire company on a deadline, after all.