[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Hello, don't be shy - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello, don't be shy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:21 am 
Site Admin

Posting this here so no one will feel the pressure of breaking the ice.

Hello! I'm VisualJae, the lead developer of Pokémon Academy Life. I've been playing Pokémon games since they were first introduced in the U.S. in 1998 (started with Blue version) and it's an ongoing tradition of mine to play every core series game whenever one gets released.

Fun fact: while I am doing 99% of the coding work for the game, prior to working on this project, I've never written a single line of code in my life.

Don't be afraid to ask me questions. Well, questions that won't get you banned at least :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Hello, don't be shy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:34 am 
Delinquent

Hey!

Been following this game for a while now after seeing the Youtuber 'LudaAaGames' play through and have been excited ever since, been watching the art streams (I'm SphericFormula on twitch) and doing my best to keep up to date :)

Playing through this brought back my love of Pokémon and have started going back through the old games, even keeping up with the show as of late.

I'm excited to see where the development leads us :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:41 am 
Site Admin

Hello! Congratulations on being the first one to post who's not a staff member :D

I saw Luda's videos! In fact, his let's plays are prime examples of why we ended up removing interruptions from characters. The poor guy would be taking his time reading a line and someone like Blue would just cut him off halfway.

...Technically it was working exactly as intended, but we felt bad.

Enjoy your stay!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:44 am 
Delinquent

I'm the first? Well the pleasure is all mine! :D

The interruptions didn't effect me, but I'm glad you're catering to those slower readers, people doing commentaries and those who are bilingual (I showed the game to my girlfriend, she's even more obsessed with Pokémon than I am and is a native Spanish speaker)

Thank you, I shall indeed! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:50 am 
Rising Star

Heya names Ice, saw a video NateWantsToBattle posted and immediately googled up the name.

Hyped to see how the rest of the game turns out, looks amazing so far.

Team Serena all the way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 am 
Youngster

Yo, I'm Cog!

Been a huge pokemon fan all my life, ever since I played Pokemon Ruby years ago. I'm really excited for this game to come out, even though I actually only found out about it two days ago from a post on MAL. Needless to say after playing it I'm left craving more.

Great job so far Devs, I can't wait to see what you guys can accomplish.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:41 am 
Youngster

Sup, I'm Shwagnat, and I'm from the beautiful country of Poland.

One day I was browsing Gamejolt and came across this game. And i got to say that it made me play gen 4 and 5. Up to that point i was kind of a genwunner. So thanks a bunch devs. Now i can be excited for Sun and Moon.

You did an excellent job with the demo. I really hope that you can finish the game, and of course, have fun while doing so. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:40 pm 
Rising Star

Hi; I'm Burakoru. I've been quietly watching the progress of this game since NateWantsToBattle first played, and I have to say I absolutely love the demo. I've been a big pokemon fan for about 10 years now, and this game has only helped strengthen my love for the series. I'm excited to see what else comes in the future, and to see how the story unfolds.

Keep up the amazing work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for all the support!

If you guys have any feedback or specific suggestions, make sure you share them in this forum. One of the main reasons we set the place up was so that you can bounce your ideas off each other, too.

Sometimes we might see ideas that we think are impossible to implement, but some second opinions can really help give us new perspectives. Likewise, we might think some ideas are great at first, only to find holes in them later so we'd rather cover the bases early rather than waste time testing something destined to fail.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:24 pm 
Poké Fan

Hey, I'm Az

I started following this game's development from about early to mid February (Whenever Patterz' first video about this went up).

I have to say, I'm mightily impressed with how it's coming along, and I must have played through 2 of the demos a combined total of around 20-30 times.

Anyway, I don't have much else to say except keep up the good work. :)