[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Hello, don't be shy - Page 7 - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 918 Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello, don't be shy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:01 am 
Poké Fan

Hello everybody! Call me Felix.
Like many others, I saw a video from the Grumps in sub box. Despite the, erm, presentation (Arin's "Protagonist Voice" makes everything terrible), I saw a great deal of potential in it, so I downloaded the demo to play it undisturbed. I have now done nothing but playing through the demo these last few days. I lost count how many times I've gotten through it. Send help.

I learned of Pokémon one Saturday morning when a certain new show started. I was hooked immediately, and got Pokémon Yellow as a x-mas gift later. As I didn't really have any money back then, I didn't get a new game until Pokémon Coliseum and then XD. I've being playing all the core games since Diamond and Pearl. My favourite mon is Articuno, favourite region is Sinnoh, favourite girl is Serena, and favourite type is a tie between ice, electric and steel.

I grew up with Nintendo consoles, so I'm a big fan of basically all their games, especially Pokémon, Zelda and Kirby. I've also become a bit of a fan of Super Giant Games. Slightly related I also play a lot of Magic: the Gathering as well as a slew of other tabletop games. I also have a group of friends I role play with.

Aside from games, I have a love for music, acting and scouting. I've been a scout since I was seven and it's been a huge part of my life and upbringing. Now I'm a scout leader, giving on everything I can to the next generation.
I used to dream about becoming an actor, but I'm not currently in position to do it as I need something more stable for now. Maybe one day.
I listen to music whenever I can get away with it. Everything from pop, rock, hiphop, soul, punk, country, metal, electronic, you name it. Although, for me it's not about the genre but more the artist, as all genres have some good and some bad.

Fair warning; I tend to lurk quite a bit, but once I finally get to the keyboard, well... just look at this wall of text. Don't be surprised if disappear for days on end and then return out of nowhere with something like this. It's... a thing I'm working on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:02 pm 
Poké Fan

Hello all, you can call me OddGreen. Like several others I've seen, I first heard of PAL from the Game Grumps video, which I watched up until I heard Arin's voice for Red. I had to experience it for myself, and have enjoyed it immensely. Seems like a very difficult task, but from the demo it looks like you are up the task and will make this amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:16 pm 
Rising Star

Hey!

I'm Aidan. As with... well, a LOT of new people here (from the looks of it) I'm here because of the Game Grumps. This game seems like it could really go places and the art style is wonderful, along with the writing. I'm very excited to where this could be going :D

As for Pokemon itself, i've played through (almost) all of the main series games- the only ones I haven't been able to get a hold of are Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Black2/White2. Besides that I've completed all other main series games, as well as Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs and Pokemon Blue Rescue team.

My favorite Gen is 3, with 5 coming as a close second, and my two favorite Pokemon are Flygon and Ampharos. I've played a little bit competitively but nothing serious.

I hope I can help everyone out!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:52 am 
Rising Star

Hi, you can call me Dread.

I learned about this from the Grumps, and decided to try it out, as it looked like it was very interested. Was a bit sad at first that all that exists is basically two days in game of content, but that was flopped to happiness, as I saw how open the development team is to ideas, and in regards to progress (even many Kickstarter campaigns for video games often end up with devs being super secret about progress after they reach their goals).

I'm not a huge VN fan, but the game definitely hits my pokemon itch, and looks to provide a different perspective on a lot of the characters, and another way to explore the (now canonically so, with reveals in ORAS) Pokemon multiverse.

I've played Pokemon from Gen 1, with Red, then got Gold, missed out on gen 3, got Platinum at the tail end of Gen 4, then went strong through Gen 5, though wasn't the happiest with the starters for that generation, and gen 6, and am now super excited for Sun and Moon, and think I'll get Sun, because Solgaleo looks boss.

My favorite starters in order of generations are the Charmander line, Tododile line, Treecko line, Chimchar line, Snivy line (again, don't really like any of them, just dislike the Snivy line the least) and the Froakie line. I am looking at Litten as my starter for the new gen, just waiting to see more of the evolution lines to be sure (as I wasn't super fond of Froakie until I saw Greninja, my new favorite Pokemon).

I definitely want to be able to get Greninja, and want to see how the Battle Team will be, it looks super fun, and appeals to the way I play the games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:33 am 
Rising Star

Hey there! I am ProverbialDave or just Dave.

First and foremost, I love stories. Reading them, writing them, and taking them apart to see how they tick gives me more pleasure than most anything else. One day, I hope that I can even become an author, but I am aware that is a long, and difficult road that I may never get to travel.

My love for words and stories is only matched by my love for Pokemon. My first Gameboy game ever was Pokemon Silver, and I fell in love with it. I've been a fan ever since. In high school, I got really into anime, and as a result stumbled upon VNs. I really enjoyed the stories that they could provide and - perhaps even more importantly - the choices they allowed me to make.

I almost never get involved in development or beta testing or even forums. I just generally prefer to lurk and catch up with progress as it comes. However, I stumbled upon this in a reddit post yesterday, and from that moment I was hooked. I decided that I have to be a part of this. I plan on applying to be a writer for the game, but seeing that the standards are very high, I am not getting my hopes up. Even so, I would like to read through the dialogue and provide what feedback I can for the writing aspects of the game, because I would like to do what I can to help make this game as incredible as I know it will be. If someone could direct me to a place to post what feedback I have, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks for all of your time if you took it out to read this wall of text! I'm looking forward to the process of making this game great!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm 
Youngster

Yo, my name is Kai.

I've been playing ever since I was four years old. It was Pokémon Gold, and I got it for my birthday. My first starter was Cyndaquil because I thought it looked cute. I never knew how much of a powerhouse it would actually become! My eventual team was compromised of Typhlosion, Tyranita, Pigeot, Gyarados (like everyone else), Pichu, and Umbreon. I beat Red on my second try.

This game has given me so much nostalgia, I got shivers when I first started the game. Thank you guys so much for your hard work, I'll be rooting for you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:06 pm 
Youngster

Hey there, the names Aaron.

My uncle never let me play his Pokémon games so this first one I played by myself was emerald. Yup jumped straight to gen 3. Eventually I went and played Red, Blue, Yellow etc. I wouldn't call myself a die hard fan but I do love Pokémon now more then I did when I was younger. The Torchic line is my favorite because it was the first starter I ever got. My Pokémon knowledge is a bit limited so I might end up asked some pretty lame questions haha.

Thanks for reading, HMU because I'm sure you're all a bunch of awesome people.
Ayayron out 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 pm 
Youngster

Hi everybody! My name is Foquine, I'm from Quebec, Canada ! (French native speaker ;) )

Really original, I saw the Steam Train episode and got hooked up. I went to check the game and when I saw it was made in Ren'Py, I got Katawa Shoujo flashbacks and downloaded it immediately. Kinda sad it's just a demo... :/

At first I was considering getting involved in the process, but I used to work on other pokemon projects (Like Pixelmon, the pokemon mod for Minecraft) and that ended up being so much work that I couldn't keep up with the other members of the community.

The PAL community seems like a nice one ! I went and registered on the forums because I saw a bug. XD So.. yeah.

I hope there would be some place for a guy like me in the process of creation! :S A guy without any background in VN and with a busy schedule !

PS: Oh yeah, my favorite Gen is the 2nd one, my first game was Crystal!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:46 am 
Poké Fan

Hey everyone. Like most of you, I'm a fan of the Pokemon games and I decided the give PAL a try for myself. I originally joined before the game grumps boosted the player base, I guess, of PAL. (I'm not a huge fan of their work, please don't hate me :cry: )

I started out in gen 1 when my cousin gave me his original game boy and Pokemon Blue. At the time I didn't know the feeling of resetting a party back to the start but after playing Emerald and Y I feel bad for erasing his work to this day :? .

I've kept away from this thread but I finally felt like it was time since more people would join and this might eventually get buried.

I can't wait to see the final outcome of PAL and I'm glad I can be around people who enjoy this project the same as me or even more. The art style is fantastic, the dialog between characters is on point and we're doing this almost as a family
-Thank you, Ty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 am 
Youngster

Hello I go by Jeff and I really like forward to the future of the game and I hope that the development will go well and I wish everybody a good day. :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 918 Next