[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Typo Report Submission Thread - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 pm 
Staff Writer

Hello everyone.

To help keep things organized in this forum, we're starting this centralized thread for all typo and grammar related reports for the game. When submitting a typo report in this thread, please try to provide as much info as you can for the below points. Not all of the points require filling out, but the more information you can provide the easier it will be for us to locate and correct the typo. Please also include a screenshot of the typo if you have one.

Quote of dialogue/narrative with the offending typo underlined.
Example: "The gardening club is nice because they don't care when you come in, just as long as when you do, and you have a good time~!"

Your suggestion for how the typo should be corrected (and why if you wish to give a reason).
Example: The "and" should be deleted. When the "and" is included it makes having a good time be an added requirement of the club and, consequently, turns the rest of the sentence into a contradiction, with the club not caring about when you come in then suddenly saying it does care when you come in.

Your roommate (if the typo appears after you've chosen your roommate).
Example: Calem

In-game date.
Example: April 6

A brief description of the scene where you found the typo.
Example: The first cafeteria scene when the group is talking about clubs.

Your answer to the most recent multiple-choice question, or any other conditions that may have led to this scene.
Example: Chose the gardening club as the club I was most interested in joining.

*Edit: Before posting a typo report, please do a quick skim through all the previous reports in this thread to check if it's already been reported or not first.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:27 am 
Staff Writer

Perhaps some of these have been reported and fixed, perhaps not. I'm using an older version so I'm unsure.

TYPO 1

Quote: ""Good morning students."

Suggestion: Just get rid of the extra quotation mark. Easy.

Roommate: Don't think it matters.

In-game date: April 9th

Description: Fairy class. This is regarding taking the quiz.

TYPO 2

Quote: "will result in an letter grade reduction."

Suggestion: should be corrected to "will result in a letter grade reduction."

Roommate: Irrelevant, I think. Possible to see this scene with all of them.

In-game date: First day of classes, so April 5th, right?

Description: Burgh, your teacher for the Bug elective, explaining the lateness rule, after Bianca comes in.

TYPO 3

Quote: "It could just be even match here."

Suggestion: Change to "It could just be an even match here."

Roommate: Brendan

In-game date: The day where you go to the Battle Hall and watch the crazy CGs. That's the 7th, right? I've just taken these typos down as notes. :P

Description: While observing the Claydol vs Venomoth battle, one of the choices you can pick is "Claydol is going to get its ass kicked." and Leaf says this line to you in response to that.

TYPO 4

Quote: "Hey! I don't wanna that kind of talking coming from you."

Suggestion: Obviously that whole line is a bit of a trainwreck. Revise to "Hey! I don't wanna hear that kind of talk coming from you."

Roommate: Pretty sure it doesn't matter.

In-game date: The day of your second match with Blue. The 9th?

Description: If you lose BOTH MATCHES to Blue, Red gets all upset and mopey, and Leaf says this to him.

TYPO 5

Quote: "Blue, or as I'd to call him, [Blue's nickname]."

Suggestion: "Blue, or as I'd like to call him, [Blue's nickname]." Just missing a word.

Roommate: Entirely irrelevant as this conversation takes place regardless.

In-game date: First day of classes, so April 5th.

Description: When you're confronted by Blue before homeroom, you have a conversation, then Leaf gets involved. After Blue leaves you explain to Leaf who Blue is, and this line appears.

I hope my dates aren't off.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:54 pm 
Staff Writer

Thank you Soundwave. I've confirmed all five typos and have made note of them for editing.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:00 am 
Youngster

Found a few, sorry if these have been reported/fixed already. I skimmed the threads and couldn't find them.

Typo 1:
Quote: "As we get ready to move to our next class, I realize that this is the first time in a while where I had such an intellectual conversation with group of friends, at least in school."
Suggestion: Just a missing particle. Change "with group of friends" to "with a group of friends"
Roommate: Calem
In-game date: April 5th
Description: Said by the protagonist near the end of the lunch break, right after the discussion about celebrity trainers that attended Kobukan Academy.
Last choice: Chose the tennis club as the club I was most interested in joining.

Typo 2:
Quote: "See the clothes she has on right now? It has elements of Audino and Mawhile!"
Suggestion: Minor grammatical error. "Clothes" is a plural noun and should be referred to with a plural pronoun. Change "It has" to "They have". Alternatively, change "Clothes" to "Clothing" and leave the rest unchanged. Whichever one flows better.
In-game date: April 5th
Description: Said by Shauna at the start of the first class of the fairy elective, in reference to Valerie's clothing.
Last choice: Not relevant, besides obviously having chosen the fairy elective.

Typo 3:
Quote: "Hopefully, ruminating on potential questions have helped you appreciate Fairy-type Pokémon even more."
Suggestion: Minor grammatical mistake. "Have" should be "has".
In-game date: April 9th
Description: At the beginning of the Fairy-type elective where you get your first test.
Last choice: Not relevant, besides obviously having chosen the fairy elective.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:44 pm 
Staff Writer

Thank you mikewifi, I've confirmed all three typos and have made note of them and your corrections for editing.

Just as a note to anyone else who reports typos or grammar errors, please don't be disheartened if you do not receive confirmation from me right away if the errors have been confirmed in our current build or not. I batch all reports to confirm and make note of at the end of the month they are reported.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:54 pm 
Poké Fan

Red: "Nah, I'm a freshmen. And apparently I'm not exactly all that great with directions in the first place."

"Freshmen" is plural whereas "Freshman" is singular, and the singular would be correct in this instance.

Roommate: Brendan (also appeared with Calem iirc, and the scene does come up no matter which path you take)

Date: April 9th

Scene: Picnic in the garden with group of friends, after not waking Erika from her nap.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:04 pm 
Staff Writer

Thanks TheNegativeTwo. I've confirmed the typo and made note of it and your suggestion for correcting it for editing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:48 pm 
Youngster

Quote: "Oh! I've been meaning to get a stun gun myself. But what's your opinion on a taser? My aim isn't very good so I'm afraid I'll miss"

Suggestion: Switch stun gun with taser and vice versa, seeing as how tasers are the firearm-esque weapon.

In-game date: April 12th

Description: Lunch, while Serena, Bianca and Hilda are talking about pepper spray and the like.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 am 
Youngster

Day: April 7th

Scene: Night falls, Your companions leave and you begin to head into the dorm.

"Man, this place sure turns into a town when night falls"

Should be ghost town.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable