[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Not a bug, but a flaw in battling - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 pm 
Rising Star

During my double battle with Leaf against Brandon and May, Leaf's Bulbasaur got poisoned, which shouldn't happen in a real pokemon battle. Bulbasaur is a poison type itself and cannot get poisoned under normal circumstances. Didn't get the screenshot the first time, but the fight was easy to recreate. I know the mechanics aren't perfect yet, so it's understandable.

Also Janine's Venomoth has 5 attacks, a mistake I thought the devs will fix from the previous version

They go as follows: Stunspore and Energy Ball against Floatzel, Quiver Dance and Giga Drain against Claydoll, Psychic against Victrybell.
This could be easily fixed without changing the narrative with Venomoth knowing only one grass-type move, either Energy Ball or Giga Drain

I hope this isn't the wrong thread to post this in

Attachments:
bulba.jpg
bulba.jpg [ 53.39 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:43 pm 
Rising Star

After searching the other topics, I noticed the poisoned Bulbasaur was already mentioned as being intentional for now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:38 am 
Staff Writer

Thanks for the report. We're aware of both. We'll leave it up to the battle system coder if he wants to fix the Poison thing, but we're not gonna do anything about Janine's Venomoth. That CG was super awesome so I think since all 5 moves are used in said CG there's not a lot we can do.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable