5. Ehh 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
6. Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7. Why the heck did you give me this dumb mouse? 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 76
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:07 am 
Youngster

misterskin wrote:
Goggldchu wrote:
Tbh, as you can probably tell by my icon and username, I have absolutely no problem with Pikachu being on my team. Probably never going to evolve him either since it would make beating Lance and everyone else much more satisfying.
I also enjoyed how your roomates also get their own little pokes that you get to see.
But yeah, if anything, I'm bothered more about Charmander being your default starter (But I guess it fits the color theme the writers/devs are going for). And I'm not sure if the Bubble doing 0 damage was intentional or not.
Besides that, it felt like there were quite a few time skips for the first week in.
But nonetheless this was an enjoyable demo much more than the previous one. And props for updating some of the art.

The fact that bubbles inflict 0 damages is intentional by the dev team.
I'm agree for the fell about some parts of the week are missing. But it's not only a fell, but TOTALLY TRUE!!! So I don't want to throw a stone (french expression) dev made excellent work beside that problem....

Ahh, alright. Probably was made intentional so that the player wouldn't get their ass handed to them. Cause I know I certainly would have lost that battle if Bubble wasn't nerfed. No amount of strategy is saving you from that.

But why have Squirtle and Charmander have their elemental moves so early though? Why not have it like in the Kanto games where you just have Tackle/Scratch? Are the devs just sticking to the pokes' modern learnset for their moves?

(And yeah, seeing those elective classes just breeze by kinda hurt tbh)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:48 pm 
Ranger

Goggldchu wrote:
misterskin wrote:
Goggldchu wrote:
Tbh, as you can probably tell by my icon and username, I have absolutely no problem with Pikachu being on my team. Probably never going to evolve him either since it would make beating Lance and everyone else much more satisfying.
I also enjoyed how your roomates also get their own little pokes that you get to see.
But yeah, if anything, I'm bothered more about Charmander being your default starter (But I guess it fits the color theme the writers/devs are going for). And I'm not sure if the Bubble doing 0 damage was intentional or not.
Besides that, it felt like there were quite a few time skips for the first week in.
But nonetheless this was an enjoyable demo much more than the previous one. And props for updating some of the art.

I'm agree for the fell about some parts of the week are missing. But it's not only a fell, but TOTALLY TRUE!!! So I don't want to throw a stone (french expression) dev made excellent work beside that problem....

Ahh, alright. Probably was made intentional so that the player wouldn't get their ass handed to them. Cause I know I certainly would have lost that battle if Bubble wasn't nerfed. No amount of strategy is saving you from that.

But why have Squirtle and Charmander have their elemental moves so early though? Why not have it like in the Kanto games where you just have Tackle/Scratch? Are the devs just sticking to the pokes' modern learnset for their moves?

Lets me "correct" you: in the last generations (I'm speaking personnally on Rubis Omega/Saphir Alpha in Gen 6 and Sun/Moon in Gen 7) Staters have now elemental attacks since the beginning. So The dev are accroding to the new methods Nintendo/Game Freak use in the new games. And for me it's a little more logical: you pokemon is fire, he should know a little about fire "attacks", no?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:39 pm 
Youngster

misterskin wrote:
Goggldchu wrote:
misterskin wrote:

Lets me "correct" you: in the last generations (I'm speaking personnally on Rubis Omega/Saphir Alpha in Gen 6 and Sun/Moon in Gen 7) Staters have now elemental attacks since the beginning. So The dev are accroding to the new methods Nintendo/Game Freak use in the new games. And for me it's a little more logical: you pokemon is fire, he should know a little about fire "attacks", no?

Huh, not sure if Bulbapedia is wrong or not but it says that in Gen 7, Charmander learns Ember at level 7 and doesn't learn Bite naturally. Though, I am aware that Gen 6 and Gen 7 had their regional starters start out with their elemental moves. So it seems that the PAL dev team is taking some liberties with the pokes' movesets.

But I think it would have made a bit more sense for it to be your typical Scratch/Tackle fight so that people wouldn't be weirded out when Bubble doesn't work.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 pm 
Poké Fan

misterskin wrote:

That makes sense. Even a 1 month old human knows bubble... it makes sense why squirtle would know it at that level too.

It isn't necessarily logical for a fire pokemon to know a little about fire "attacks". Eventually, as they get older, they can learn how to fight, but young animals aren't always they best at doing things that adult animals can do. Take a look at birds. Can baby birds use fly, or wing attack? A level 5 fire starter is pretty young. From a gameplay mechanic, I think it is a good idea for elemental pokemon to start with a move of their element, but logically, they probably shouldn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:15 pm 
Delinquent

Bubble wasn't intentional.
It was a glitch.
A known glitch.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:54 pm 
Ranger

Goggldchu wrote:
misterskin wrote:
Goggldchu wrote:

Huh, not sure if Bulbapedia is wrong or not but it says that in Gen 7, Charmander learns Ember at level 7 and doesn't learn Bite naturally. Though, I am aware that Gen 6 and Gen 7 had their regional starters start out with their elemental moves. So it seems that the PAL dev team is taking some liberties with the pokes' movesets.

But I think it would have made a bit more sense for it to be your typical Scratch/Tackle fight so that people wouldn't be weirded out when Bubble doesn't work.

When I say start or beginning, I say when you get your starter (starters have a special moverset, sometimes not according to the table of "learning attacks level" in Bulbapedia/Pokepedia etc...)

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:48 pm 
Youngster

Soundwave wrote:
I feel like there might come a point where we can choose to evolve it or not. People like having stronger Pokemon, but not evolving it will give Lance a giant middle finger, which is more important.

I definitely will never evolve my Pikachu, I hate Kantoian Raichu too much, and plus, Pikachu is 1st of my favorite and of all time Pokemon.

Also I called my Pikachu and Chamander, "Pika" Because thats how I always named him from gen 1 to now, and Charry because of Pre-Divorced Ssundee, which Derp Ssundee named a Charmander "Pet Charry" in pixelmon, and now, I always called him/her that to carry on the legacy of his Pixelmon Series